Qatar Education City Convention Centre Fire Strategy, Fire SafetyJuly 26, 2010 12:00 am
One of the largest convention centres in the Middle East, The Qatar Education City Convention Centre is located on the outskirts of Doha, the capital of Qatar. LWF was asked to provide fire safety and fire engineering services to the project and to produce the Fire Strategy for the new build.
Description of the Project:
The Convention Centre is provided as part of the Qatar Foundation
LWF are appointed to provide fire safety and fire engineeringservices to the project including the production of the Fire Strategyfor the proposed new building. Key services provided include:
• Provide analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation to justify non-compliance issues relating to themeans of escape provisions from the Auditorium;
• Prepare a qualitative report to justify the ineffectiveness ofsprinkler systems in high ceiling clearance concourse areas;
• Prepare an assessment report to justify the structural fireresistance of building elements;
• Review the active fire protection systems detailed design e.g.suppression systems, smoke control etc;
• Coordinate with the client design team;
• Liaise with Qatar Civil Defence Department for fire safety approval of the scheme.
For further information regarding this project or the services that LWF provide please contact:
TEL: +44 (0)20 8668 8663