Freephone: 0800 410 1130
Fire Engineering Solutions
Modern building design is tending ever towards larger, more open plan concepts. This design approach requires that the normally applied prescriptive fire safety standards utilised in more traditional building designs, become restrictive in their application. Statutory design guidelines give the option for developers to move away from the prescriptive fire safety constraints and use an approach that enables engineered solutions to be applied specifically to new and existing buildings.
This approach enables the designer to take full advantage of design features and to offset one fire precaution measure with others that may positively contribute towards an aesthetically and engineered optimum solution. Existing buildings, subject to redevelopment or refurbishment, can also benefit from a fire engineered approach, the benefits here in addition to potentially reduced costs and restrictive measures, can include less intrusion particularly if the building is of a Listed or ‘fine’ nature.
Fire engineering techniques require the designer to prepare a specific design for a building taking into account the features, proposed use and occupancy of the facility. Prescriptive applied standards are general in their nature and are required to be applicable to all buildings put to a similar use. For maximisation of building potential and optimisation or even feasibility of design, the fire engineer becomes an essential advisor to the facility manager or member of the project design team.
LWF are able to undertake on your behalf:
- Identification of rationalised potential life and property losses.
- Analysis of fire and smoke behaviour in large or complex spaces.
- Quantified analysis of fire risk.
- Solutions based on objective or cost benefit analysis.
- Fire safety measures that fully utilise and take maximum advantage of existing building features.
- Solutions that optimise capital outlay by prioritisation.
- Computer aided modelling for detailed scenario prediction.
- Analysis of occupancy and populations distribution to optimise emergency evacuation procedures.
- Determination of integrated schemes using state of the art detection and suppression.
- Tailor-made services to address special or high risks, including special-needs occupants, security, special hazards and salvage requirements.
- Fire Engineering Solutions
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Management & Procedures
- Fire Alarm & Detection
- Project & Contract Management
- Fire Suppression
- Fire Safety Audits
- Design Checking
- Fire Safety Training
To discuss any of our services please call Freephone 0800 410 1130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org